Friday, April 3, 2009

College and Work

What is the meaning of college?

I ask that question this morning when I woke up late and decided to come to only two of my classes today. It's really bothering me that I'm not doing well in college because I keep going to bed late and worried about my other jobs. I try so hard to be a better person, I am emotionally but not college life. I really like to have fun and just hang out with friends but if I want to make a better job than what I have at walmart, I have to be a tough college student. It's very hard for me to be honest, it really is. I can't study and when I have to take a math course, I won't be able to do well because I hate math and can never learn it.

There is alot of things I honestly want to do in life. I just don't think i'm ready for college, I should and I want be a better college student but to be honest, i'm not trying my best as I thought I would. It's really sucky and honestly I don't know what to do. I"m sort of scared because I want a great career in my future but if i'm not doing the best as I thought I am. Then i should probably not come next year.

Kole

3 comments:

  1. I'm not usually one to encourage someone to give up, and that's not really what I want you to think either. On the other hand, I can completely relate to this. I'm 29 years old, been married 3 times, and have 2 kids, and I just now decided to come to school, because I knew I wasn't ready right out of high school. At the time, I didn't want to waste my time doing something I knew I would fail at, which is what will happen if your heart isn't in it. Maybe it's just not the right time for you, and when it is time, you'll know. Better late than never, so if you need a break to be young and have fun a couple years, you'll end up with a better college transcript in the end when it's out of your system.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Kim. I too have been married more than twice, I just have one more kid. So, three kids and baggage, I am 31 and back in school. I am definitely in over my head most days. My advice would be just don't give up. If you need a break, fine. Just keep dreaming your dreams and go all the way. You can do it.. whatever it is.. go for it!

    ReplyDelete